Essay Topics for Kids That Help Sharpen Their Writing Skills
~ My Favorite Sport
~ My Last Holiday
~ The Pet that I would Like to Have
~ What if I had Super Powers
~ My Mother/Father
~ Things I Like to do During My Pastime
~ The Most Special Day of My Life
~ The Person I Admire the Most
~ The First Day in My New School
~ A Dream I had Last Night
~ My Most Memorable Birthday
~ Qualities Required to Become a President
~ My Favorite TV Show
~ Things that I am Afraid of
~ A View from my Window
~ Living at a Bus Stop
~ My Favorite Food
~ My Hobby
~ What Will I Do When I Grow Up?
~ If I Became an Animal
~ If I Became Invisible
~ If I had a Magic Pen
~ If I Become Rich
~ What Makes Me Special?
~ An Eventful Day in My Life
~ If I Had Three Wishes, What Would I Wish For?
~ All The Things I Want to Do
~ What Would I Do If I Became Invisible for a Day?
~ My Space Adventure
~ A Rainy Day I Spent Alone
~ Effect of Technology on Human Beings
~ Should Smoking in Public Be Banned?
~ Harmful Effects of Plastic Bags
~ How do Humans Affect the Environment
~ Reasons we Love Chocolate
~ Pros and Cons of Zoos
~ Is Destruction of Forests Affecting the Earth
~ Harmful Effects of Video Games
~ Is it Right to Kill Animals for Food and Clothing?
~ Should Bullying be Supported?
~ Is Learning a Foreign Language Really Important?
~ Global Warming and Deforestation
~ Should the Government Ban Hunting?
~ 10 Pros and Cons of Capital Punishment
~ Are School Uniforms Good or Bad Idea
~ Are Exams Making Way for Too Much Stress for Children?
~ How Much is too Much homework
~ Home is the best place to Spend a Thanksgiving Holiday
~ Cell Phones for Kids - Pros and Cons
~ Should Mothers Work or Stay at Home?
~ Animals Should Not be Caged
~ Can you Live Without Television?
~ Harry Potter Books vs. Harry Potter Movies
~ American English vs. British English
~ Comparing two video games
~ Comparing two books
~ Comparison between two music genres
~ Comparing two athletes/sports figures
~ Comparing two restaurants
~ Comparison between two ways to spend a holiday (going out vs. staying at home)
~ Urban Living vs. Rural Living
~ Being Rich vs. Being Famous
~ Childhood vs. Teenage
~ Comparing two famous personalities
~ Your Real Home vs. Your Dream Home
~ Living on campus vs. Living off campus
~ Autobiography of a pen
~ Autobiography of a tree
~ Autobiography of an animal/bird
~ Autobiography of a flower
~ Autobiography of a princess
~ Autobiography of a river
~ What would you do with all the Halloween candies that you collected this year?
~ Convincing parents for a picnic
~ Planning a surprise party for Dad
~ What would you do if you found yourself in the land of Lilliput?
~ Inventing an animal
~ How would you like to decorate your room?
~ If I were the Mayor
~ If I were the President
~ If I were a billionaire
~ If I were a tree
~ If I were a devil/an angel
Writing an essay can be a daunting task for both teachers and students in terms of creating and crafting a high quality essay, and finally editing and grading them.
It seems though we may have overlooked one of the toughest steps in writing an essay and that is actually selecting an appropriate and interesting topic for your students.
Thankfully I have put together a list of 25 great essay topics that might just make that process a little easier. Enjoy. And remember to add any other great suggestions in the comment section below.
If you are still struggling with the essay writing process and need further guidance be sure to check out our definitive guide to writing a great essay.
- Zoos are sometimes seen as necessary but not poor alternatives to a natural environment. Discuss some of the arguments for and/or against keeping animals in zoos.
- Imaginethat your teacher wants to teach a new subject for the next few weeks. Your teacher will take suggestions, and then let the students vote on the new subject. What subject should your class choose? Write an essay to support your choice and to persuade the other students to vote for your choice.
- Are actors and professional athletes paid too much?
- Should teachers have to wear uniforms or have a dress code?
- Since the invention of nuclear weapons we have had a long period of GLOBAL peace and stability. Are nuclear weapons global peacemakers or killing devices?
- Should boys and girls be in separate classes?
- Is the death penalty effective?
- To what extent is the use of animals in scientific research acceptable?
- What age is appropriate for dating?
- Pretend you woke up one day and there were no rules. People could suddenly do whatever they wanted! Explain what the world would be like. Use your imagination!
- Should student’s textbooks be replaced by notebook computers?
- Should students be allowed to have cell phones in elementary and high schools?
- Should wealthy nations be required to share their wealth among poorer nations?
- Should money be spent on space exploration?
- Is fashion important?
- Are we too dependent on computers?
- Ifyou had the opportunity to bring any person — past or present, fictional or nonfictional — to a place that is special to you (your hometown or country, a favourite location, etc.), who would you bring and why? Tell us what you would share with that person
- Most high level jobs are done by men. Should the government encourage a certain percentage of these jobs to be reserved for women?
- Should students be allowed to grade their teachers?
- In your opinion what factors contribute to a good movie?
- The destruction of the world’s forests is inevitable as our need for land and food grows. Do you agree?
- Many parents give their children certain chores or tasks to do at home. Should children have to do chores or tasks at home? Be sure to explain why you think it is a good idea or a bad idea. Include examples to support your reasons.
- Should the voting age be lowered to thirteen?
- Should the government place a tax on junk food and fatty snacks?
- Should more be done to protect and preserve endangered animals?